Top 5 Herbs And Spices To Fight Inflammation
Nature is healing, nature is therapy.Inflammation is responsible for a number of long-term diseases in our body. By consuming some herbs and spices daily, you can reduce the pain, swelling, and redness associated with inflammation.
- Turmeric – This life-enhancing herb is a favourite with grandmothers, and is often suggested as the ideal remedy to reduce inflammation in the throat and chest. Got a persistent cold? Add a pinch of turmeric to a glass of warm milk and honey, and drink every night.
Coughs and colds, wounds and infections apart, research suggests that the humble turmeric has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and anticancer properties, and is an excellent resource for those looking to combat joint inflammation (arthritis), diabetes, and several other disorders. Curcumin, which is the key anti-inflammatory ingredient found in turmeric, is a powerful antioxidant.
2. Ginger – Ginger is highly recommended as a warming agent in winter, and also works well to soothe an irritated throat. But did you know that it is now being touted as an excellent herb for reducing inflammation amongst those with all types of arthritis, and even tendonitis? Easy to purchase off the shelf or a vegetable cart in India, try and incorporate it in some way in your daily diet for maximum benefit.
Buy it here - Ginger Juice (Sugar Free) 1 Litre
3. Parsley – This is not a common part of Indian diet, but is found easily enough at local groceries. This power-packed herb is high on chlorophyll and vitamin C. It has some wonderful anti-inflammatory properties, if consumed every day. Stumped about how to use it best? Try making a salad with a sprinkle of parsley on top, or be innovative and opt for a parsley smoothie.
4. Chamomile – We are all aware of the soothing properties of chamomile, but recent research also suggests that this plant is one of the best anti-inflammatory products. This is said to help reduce inflammation of the mouth, and contains certain properties that directly reduce inflammation. Have a cup or 2 of the tea each day, to keep away inflammation.
Try this - Chamomile Tea
5. Cayenne Pepper – This contains capsaicin, an anti-inflammatory agent that works well to reduce pain associated with inflammation. Consuming foods rich in cayenne pepper, or eating it solo, reduces a particular chemical in your body that, in turn, numbs your sense of pain, reducing inflammation in the long run. This herb is usually used in conjunction with other natural anti-arthritic preparations.
All these herbs and spices easily available in the market and are easy-to-use. Thanks to these herbs and spices, you will find it super easy to keep inflammation at bay.