Tips To Activate Ayurveda In Your Daily Life
“Because we cannot scrub our inner body every day, we need to learn a few skills to help cleanse our tissues, organs, and mind. This is the art of ayurveda.”While the power of ayurveda continues to be debated, its proponents swear by it. However, there’s no doubting the fact that the ancient Indian science is now making a comeback. Here’s a beginner’s guide to incorporating it in your daily life.
What is ayurveda?
Contrary to what you may believe, ayurveda is not just about consuming herbs when you are sick. From helping you find that balance in your life – emotionally, physically, and mentally, to teaching you awareness on multiple levels, ayurveda, an age-old system of medicine, is today being seen as a way of balancing your life on multiple levels by following simple methods in your dinacharya, which, as the name suggests, focuses on a daily routine.
Here are a few tips:
- Morning detox – Try and begin your day with warm water with a spoon of honey added to it. Since ayurveda believes in the power of detox on a daily basis, this is a simple and effective way to incorporate it into your existing lifestyle. Another detox method focuses on oil pulling, which involves swishing coconut oil in the mouth. It is believed that when you do this daily, over a period of time, the toxins in your body reduce, making you feel much healthier.
2. Eating right – In ayurveda, it is believed that you should eat your heaviest meal at midday, when your body is functioning at its optimum, and eat light in the evening. Simple enough to implement, right? You should also try and use as many spices and herbs in your daily cooking as you can, because many of the traditional spices like turmeric, ginger, black pepper etc. have medicinal and anti-inflammatory qualities, and can help protect your body against common colds, flu, digestive issues etc.
You may like - Ginger Juice (Sugar Free) 1 Litre
3. Yoga and meditation – Mindfulness is a big part of ayurveda, and you can easily achieve this state through a brisk morning walk, a spot of yoga, and 5-10 minutes of meditation. A combination of these 3, or even any 1 in isolation, sets the tone for the rest of the day and keeps you calm and grounded, no matter what the day throws at you. This helps achieve emotional and spiritual balance, which is an essential tenet of ayurveda.
Click here to buy - Yoga Box
4. Sleep deep – Ayurveda believes that sound sleep is essential if you want to live a long, stress-free existence, and how you sleep depends on your energy type or dosha (vata, pitta, and kapha-type). The ayurvedic system believes that by tweaking your lifestyle, you can easily enhance your sleeping pattern, and feel more in control of your life. In fact, ayurveda has several strategies for rectifying imbalanced sleep patterns, and these can really change the way you live your life.
Try this - Prakriti (Body Type) Analysis
5. The power of massage – Get or give yourself an ayurvedic oil massage, which is extremely therapeutic. A lymphatic massage promotes blood circulation, strengthens the nervous system, and helps ease stress, fatigue, and tension in the body. Ayurveda highly recommends abhyanga, or a daily ayurvedic massage given to oneself using oil and herbs.
You may like - Pinda Sweda