Rice Salad With Chickpeas And Dates
This quick and easy-to-make recipe has all the goodness of protein, fibre, and a dash of sweetness with the dates. Your taste buds will be tingling with the deliciousness of it long after it has been polished off!Serves 1
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Sweet onion: ½ (thinly sliced- about 3/4 cup)
- Chickpeas: 1 bowl (boiled)
- Cumin: ½ tsp (ground)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper: freshly ground
- Cooked brown rice: 1 cup
- Date: ½ (pitted and chopped)
- Fresh mint: ¼ cup (chopped)
- Fresh Parsley: ¼ cup (chopped)
Image source:- https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/moroccan-chickpea-rice-salad/c8e82e09-1d0e-491a-96bb-e627bf62bd72
- Heat Olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, and cook until slightly brown, stirring regularly, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add chickpeas, cumin, and salt. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix cooked rice, onion-chickpea mixture, dates, mint, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Toss well until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve hot!