Quick And Simple Ways To Boost Your Immunity
No matter how careful you are, there are phases in life when your immunity faces a blow. From lifestyle changes to changes in your diet, here’s a quick and easy guide for boosting your immunity.Immunity refers to the body’s ability to keep certain pathogens, microbes et cetera at bay, and protect the body against invasion by these foreign particles. We are born with basic immunity, but go on to obtain most of it along the way as our body fights various types of common microbes, acquiring the ability to resist harm caused by them. Our immune system is complex, and works to eradicate all that’s harmful for the body. Apart from the body’s efforts to increase immunity, there are a few things you can do too. Here is a quick immunity-booster plan:
- Lifestyle counts – If you generally don’t smoke, drink copious amounts of water, and get your requisite amount of sleep, chances are your immunity will be on a high. We have heard everyone say it, but research truly indicates that fresh fruits and vegetables can do wonders for your system, as they are not full of preservatives and instead, have high nutritional value that is essential for day-to-day functioning (try and consume the requisite 5 portions each day). Add to that a healthy and balanced diet, a close to ideal body weight, minimised impact of stress, and your immunity will be at optimum levels.
2. Balanced diet – In order to keep the immune system in top form, you need to feed it well, and with the right nutrients. Several independent studies indicate that if one is malnourished, or lacking in basic nutrients, immunity suffers. A regular diet that fulfills the basic vitamin, protein, and mineral requirement definitely boosts your immunity. In fact, some experts go as far as to say that specific foods help build immunity to certain types of diseases.
healthhunt recommends - Rostaa Trail Mix Standup Pouch
3. Yoghurt – Are you prone to gastrointestinal problems? Want to keep your gut teeming with good bacteria? Yoghurt is the answer. A study carried out by the University of Vienna points out that given the rich probiotic material housed in yoghurt, if consumed daily, it is very effective for an immunity boost.
4. Garlic – Every time you have a cold, someone seems to suggest garlic as the ideal cure. However, now these claims are backed by research carried out in Britain. Garlic contains a compound called allicin, which works wonders to fight infections, especially those related to inflammation and the common cold.
Buy it here - Garlic - Allium Sativum_Lasuna / Garlic Capsules 60
5. Vitamin C – Don’t just load up on vitamin C when you get the sniffles. If consumed daily, it works well to ward off infections, while its antioxidant properties give immunity a boost. From lemons and oranges to different types of seeds, and even broccoli, vitamin C rocks when it comes to building immunity and preventing colds, along with flu-like infections.
Click here to buy - Lemon Juice / Organic Amla Candy
6. Steer clear of excess sugar – In addition to consuming the right nutrients, try and stay away from sugar. Sugar impacts your immunity in the long run, as excess sugar in the body prevents it from fighting harmful bacteria.
7. Supplements – If you can’t follow the lifestyle or food rules to boost your immunity, supplements are your next best option. From ayurvedic herbs claiming to up your immunity, to capsules that are said to do the trick, there are plenty of options available. Consult with your health care practitioner, and choose wisely.
You may like - Amishi Naturals - Liv-Zyte / Amishi Naturals - Shakti Ras